Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sleeping farm in winter snow

There were a lot of things I wanted to do this week. So far, I have done approximately none of them. I have sat on my couch and convalesced in the wake of about the most virulent stomach bug I can remember having. Now on day three, I can say that this Gatorade-and-toast diet is very effective for weight loss, but really has nothing else to recommend it.
So, since there’s nothing going on here today, how about pretty pictures from this weekend? On Saturday, we went up to see my folks, and ended up visiting the farm, which was peacefully sleeping in the snow. It was a beautiful day, and we got some good shots:
The driveway, covered in snow, winding between trees... very quiet this particular Saturday.

The granary, with the apple tree in the foreground, and the sun glowing January-afternoon style in the background.
Asher having a good time, running to...

...and fro.

Cheerful red barn a pleasant contrast to the cold gray and white world... or maybe vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment